Tuesday, November 11, 2008

TO MY FRIENDS!!!

How is it 15 to 20 years can go by and then you get re-connected with dear friends and think: "Why haven't we done this before now?" Were we not ready to get that close five or ten years ago? Did we need to first spread our wings then circle back around to old friends?

Take my special friend JMD from College Station and GP...We have had so much fun catching up and next summer we'll take a special trip together, along with some other girlfriends from GP!

Then there's my former neighbor, AH, who I totally admire and am in awe of her talents. Talk about a working super mom! She can make 101 cupcakes and conduct a huge meeting all at the same time while creating a fabulous scrapbook. MB, too! Then there is SC who makes a dinner dish out of a pumpkin she grew in her garden! The list goes on and on.... From moms-to-be, moms with a little practice under their belts, single moms and moms with totally full plates, you are an inspiration!

When someone you care for loses a love one and a door opens to old and new friends, you realize how important friendships truly are. You realize that feeling thankful, appreciative, grateful and blessed are key to a happy life. One of my friends on Facebook talked about how you are judged by the company you keep. I'm so proud of the people in my life. I feel so fortunate to have individuals around me who are positive forces with great amounts of faith, compassion and kindness. From DFW to Magnolia, my Harris friends, PRSA champions, to my friends across the great state of Texas and to CO, OK, NC, GA, Utah and beyond... to all of you - you have made an impact on my life! Thank you!


DISCLAIMER: I didn't want to leave anyone out so I didn't try to list every single name... there are too many of you to count! Family members and professional mentors/heroes like BB, who have made an amazing impact, will fall under another blog posting. Have a great day!

* * * * *

Remember our Veterans~ Thank you Uncle Rog, Nephew Jim Cheshier and the many others who have fought for our freedom!

Laugh a little (or a lot!)

Laugh a little (or a lot!)

Bryn

Bryn
Big sister, age 9

Blaine

Blaine
Middle Sister, age 7

Bella

Bella
Baby Girl, Age 4

Brett and the girls

Brett and the girls

Mom and the girls

Mom and the girls