Thursday, August 21, 2008

Michael Phelps on Frosted Flakes

I have to admit Frosted Flakes is my favorite cereal though I tend to eat Special K because it is healthier and I've developed a taste for it at my age.

If I were going to splurge and actually eat breakfast and Frosted Flakes were available, I might have a bowl. I think they are a great midnight snack. Now, for all the flake, I mean FLAKE, that Michael is getting for endorsing Frosted Flakes, here is my take: If he actually eats that cereal and it has been part of his life or his breakfast now or as a child I see no problem with him being a spokesperson for them. Who hasn't enjoyed a bowl of Frosted Flakes when we knew Wheaties were probably better for us? Wheaties has dominated having winning athletes on their cereal boxes. They don't "own" that campaign tactic.

I agree we want our children healthy and eating good foods and I want Michael representing brands that are known for quality and excellence; however, as a parent and a brand watcher
it does not bother me if he endorses Frosted Flakes if he actually eats the cereal. Could he have made a better choice? Probably so. I hope he has a good PR strategist on his side.

Laugh a little (or a lot!)

Laugh a little (or a lot!)

Bryn

Bryn
Big sister, age 9

Blaine

Blaine
Middle Sister, age 7

Bella

Bella
Baby Girl, Age 4

Brett and the girls

Brett and the girls

Mom and the girls

Mom and the girls