Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday morning over coffee

What a beautiful day ! We are getting ready for a neighbor's baby shower. I'm looking across our lawn and the neighbor's hubby is working himself to a sweat cleaning out the garage and getting things perfect. They are to have a baby boy. What a hopeful time. I just love babies. Would take two of three more. Brett is protesting.

I'm having fun with this blog thing. It will be a great way to keep family and friends updated on the girls, family and happenings. No more emailing out photos, etc. I'll simply point you to this site.

Mom is in Michigan with her brother John T. Sounds like they have had a ton of fun. That's what I'm hoping as she has turned off her cell phone!

I've offered to help with a possible run through my hometown, Mt. Vernon, to raise funds for the Catfish Smith scholarship fund. The run idea is just in the beginning stages but this should be a fun way to get re-connected to a very pivotal time and place in my life. John and I still talk about riding our bikes for miles and miles through town and the countless hours of adventures we went on (without our parents) between the ages of 5-10 without a fear or a worry in the world. Too bad things have changed so much that we can't let our kids run free! (Yesterday, I would not even let Bryn go get something out of the car without me watching.)

Speaking of John - his family is now in Atlanta. The kiddos have a big yard to run free and a playroom! Sounds like kids and parents are happy about this! (Check out "Hoffman's mailbox" in this photo.) I gave this to John for Christmas. I found it at an antique store. I have one, too. You may recall that my grandfather and dad ran a dairy in East Texas - My Papa was John Hoffman Moore, Sr. This is an old-time grain/feed scoop for cattle. It says, "Hoffman Dairy." How cool is that? That's Gibson Moore in the background.

Laugh a little (or a lot!)

Laugh a little (or a lot!)

Bryn

Bryn
Big sister, age 9

Blaine

Blaine
Middle Sister, age 7

Bella

Bella
Baby Girl, Age 4

Brett and the girls

Brett and the girls

Mom and the girls

Mom and the girls